10 September 2009

Meet my grandmother


Theme Thursday'sch beallenge this week is vintage women atc's. I have made the background from distressink, glitterspray, stamps etc. The image is my grandmother when she was young. Isn't she beautiful? She was a strong, wise and beutiful woman and I am so sad that she is no longer among us. I hope she is up there somewhere watching over us and seeing that I have a wonderful happy life with two children. I know that she wanted so much for me to be happy and get children. She loved the authumn whith its vibrant colors and she loved to paint. I quess this atc is rather "simple" but I chose to make it that way in order not to drown the image in to much elements, and let the colors of the background shine through.


19 comments:

  1. Wow, wonderful background and your grandma is a beautiful lady ! Great atc !
    LG Anke

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful ATC, and a lovely tribute to your grandmother. You look very like her, you know! The card is elegant in its simplicity. Sometimes less IS more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ATC is beautiful
    Love the photo of your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Så nydelig ATC! Fint å bruke familiebilder på denne måten! Fantastisk vakker bakgrunn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a lady. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous atc! love all the "jewels"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this is so beautiful, Tonje!!!
    hugs peet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your background is so rich and beautiful...and so is your grandmother!
    So glad to find your blog. I have enjoyed looking at some of your gorgeous creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hvor er det et smukt atc kort

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tonje, your tribute to your lovely grandmother brought tears to my eyes. A grandmother is a real special person to a child. (And to adults, too.) I think you look a lot like her. Your ATC is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, your grandmother was beautiful and she made a lovely vintage lady for your atc!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful lady! I see the resemblence! Lovely ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. *sweet beauty* Love all the bling you gave her and pretty wings too

    ReplyDelete
  14. For et nydelig bilde av din bestemor. Bakgrunnen gjør seg veldig godt sammen med bildet!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely to look at! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your grandmother is beautiful! Lovely ATC - love the background and what a great color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog!
Takk for at du legger igjen en kommentar i bloggen min!